4.18.2005

one little piggy

The theme of 2005 is slowly shaping up to be "I'm A Bad Person." It's catchy, it's fun, it's me! So what makes me a bad person this week? I have Wirehog now. Yeah, I know file-sharing of copyrighted matieral is "wrong" and everything, but when a rabid popular music consumer such as myself also happens to be a cash-strapped college student in over his head with undergrad loan debt, does he really have any other choice? I didn't think so. Whatever, fuck morality. I'm paying the artists lip service. The Dismemberment Plan's Change is really good, as is Modest Mouse's The Lonesome Crowded West. I'm still sort of on the fence with Bloc Party's Silent Alarm and M83's Before the Dawn Heals Us (My initial thoughts with each of these albums was "Yeah... I think I'll stick with Interpol and Air." But I'll probably end up liking them anyway.) Anyway, good thing Wirehog arrived just in time to keep me from working on finals! Today I just realized I have a week to write my research paper for theory history. Shit.

In other news, the same dead squirrel is STILL outside the Power Center. I'm surprised at how undecomposed and unmaggoty it is; it must have been there for five days now.
If it's still there tomorrow, I'm gonna inspect it up close. Maybe it's fake.

Listening to: "Shit Luck" ~Modest Mouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home