8.10.2005

good, good... now smell her a little

SLSK is the best and worst thing to happen to me this week. It's an amazing program, it really is, but I think I just shot myself in the ethical foot by using it. There really is no excuse; I mean, could easily endlessly justify the wrongness of it all, but in the end no explanation would make me any less of a bad person. So I'll just accept the fact that I'm a mercenary bastard with a Soulseek but no soul.

I finally got Xiu Xiu's Fabulous Muscles the other day, and I find it delightfully pretentious. Of course, I expected that, so it doesn't change the fact that it's fuckin good. Yeah, he's sometimes so oversensitive that you just want to wail on him, but it don't matter when he warbles, "Cremate me after you cum on my lips." Ohhhhh god.

other acquisitions: Messiaen's organ works (50% utterly awesome, 50% wha?!), Nick Drake's Made To Love Magic (charming, obv), MF Doom Mm...Food? and Viktor Vaughn Vaudeville Villain (Z, your contributions to my rap repertoire just get better and better and better. This stuff fuckin rules.)

next up: some thoughts on every culturalist's favorite mortal battle, MO vs. POMO! That's right, I'm taking Boulez and Ferneyhough to tha STREETZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home