8.19.2005

mount me

See No Flashlight get a painfully mediocre review on Pitchfork. See me throw a fit because of Pitchfork's unwillingness to judge a record without holding it up to every previous work the artist has ever done. See me point out that Phil Elverum probably changed his artist name for a reason, probably because he doesn't want his new work to be compared with the old. See me grudgingly acknowledge that Ubl is still right on most of his points about the album anyway, though I don't think it all justifies such a poor review. See all the things that he totally missed about the album because he was so caught up on Phil's ugly vocals and the restrained musicality. See two reviews, review and no review.

Seriously, the TinyMixTapes dude LOVES Phil Elverum. Damn.

Okay, see more reviews. and no more reviews.

I'm still holding off any strong judgments on the thing until I actually get the LP/CD package-fucker-thingy in the mail. I am excited for Singers.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger ian said...

Dude once people named "TinyMixTapes" enter into the conversation, you gotta just pack up and leave.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Vic said...

I'M GONNA KILL YOU FAG

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger ian said...

Dude don't front. I slap the bitch twice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home