3.13.2006

well-oiled, that's what you are

some older releases that have been getting my attention lately...

Holopaw - Holopaw
Warbly and beautifully understated indie-country that makes me feel like I'm in Kansas. (I've never been to Kansas.) Smoothing out the transition to spring like a skinny joint on a humid day.



Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll
Dude, they actually play this stuff on European radio. And it's, like, quality! Ear-candy along the lines of Daft Punk or Kylie sans-vocals. Yep, it's strutting music.



The Dirty Projectors - The Glad Fact
Oddball/heady/pretentious meets crafted/pretty/down-to-earth with this gritty indie amalgam of styles and sounds. A folk-art cantata with a high-art sensibility? Fuck that, Vic, this thing has too much soul.



The National - Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers
The immediate progenitor of the even-better Alligator, most of this album is Grade-A melancholia for your inner alcoholic burnout.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger ian said...

Mylo kinda bugs me. I don't know why, but wait, a lot of things bug me.

Audiobullys on the other hand. Now there is some magic.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Vic said...

yeah I know what you mean about the Mylo buggin... there are some tracks that I skip over so as not to get annoyed... but then there are equally as many mmmmmmmm cotton candy tracks. the muscle car remix is the shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home